StrongKey is making data breaches irrelevant. We are redefining the way businesses and government agencies secure their information against the inevitability of a network breach through providing four specific practices that ensures their data, no matter the format, remains encrypted and protected at the highest possible level. While other security solutions focus on predicting, containing, or looking after the perimeter, StrongKey provides strong authentication, encryption, and digital signatures—underpinned by hardware-backed key management—to ensure data security, even with an attacker on the network. We’re trusted by some of the largest companies and critical government agencies around the globe, and we can tailor solutions for multinational corporations, small businesses, or just one person working from a home office.
Founded in 2001, we are now at a pivotal time. This creates a unique opportunity for people joining the StrongKey team. We offer the autonomy, excitement, strategy-setting, and challenge of a startup, but backed by 18 years of proven security, thought leadership, and a working business model that supports customers on six continents. If you are tired of being lost in the crowd or feel like you don’t have the opportunity for personal impact, we think we could be a compelling place for you to work.
What You’ll Do Here
Reporting to the COO for Operational functions and the CTO for Technical direction, you will lead a team in support of sustaining operations and ensuring the availability and security of a technical infrastructure to maintain compliance of systems to security regulations such as PCI DSS, GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, etc. You will bring your knack and thirst to drive technical operational issues related to maintaining the up-time of systems across multiple data centers, 24 hours a day, such as:
- Production process development, documentation, optimization, and validation
- Implementation of new instances of StrongKey’s Tellaro appliances to deliver single-tenant cryptographic key management services to customers
- Ensuring 24-hour availability of Tellaro services to customers around the world
- Set standard practices while working with auditors to ensure compliance to SOC 2 Type 1/Type 2, PCI DSS, Web Trust, HIPAA and similar data protection regulations
- Act as lead engineer on a variety of implementation projects with deep knowledge of technologies such as Linux, TCP/IP, Java, web services, PKI, and KMS
- Designs and develops technical processes to improve quality and efficiency of operations
- Provide regular VP level communication of technical health of operations
The Future of The Role
Currently, we need a polished user experience for our existing products, and we need it in a hurry. As we grow, this role could evolve in a couple different ways. Eventually, the design and development work may split into multiple roles, and you could specialize. You could move toward being a team lead within the engineering team as well. Whatever your goals, we are committed to supporting your growth. And we believe we are a company who will grow alongside you, creating new and meaningful opportunities into the future.
- 10+ years of experience in a data center operations environment; 5+ as an operations manager or senior operations engineer
- Excellent project management skills
- Direct experience leading to any of the following certifications: SOC 2, PCI DSS, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Hands-on experience with managing RHEL, Java, Apache HTTPD, and open-source environments
- PKI experience and exposure to smart cards, cryptographic hardware modules, TPM, etc.; FIDO protocols a significant plus
- Java Enterprise Edition application server knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with the computing models of public cloud services
- Experience working with OEM partners
- Ability to communicate effectively in a worldwide environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science
The Kind of Person Who Might Enjoy Working Here:
- Knows how to communicate well in all circumstances, whether requiring directness, empathy, feedback, listening, or all of the above; we value the “human” in human capital and we’re looking for people who feel the same way
- Is equally comfortable chatting with a non-technical customer and sharing technical information
- High-energy, optimistic, creative, curious, people-oriented, and flexible (we’re a startup even if we’ve been around a while!)
- Has a love of life outside of work. Personal balance is important to us
StrongKey is based out of Durham, NC and Cupertino, CA, and we work primarily from our offices. The position is based in Cupertino, CA.
You will be compensated with a competitive salary, equity stake, and an attractive benefits package. You will also have the opportunity to help build a company and work closely with everyone in the company. We mentioned it once, but it’s worth saying again—if you’re motivated by helping write a company’s story as it begins a new chapter, this is a powerful opportunity for you to join the ground floor of a business we truly believe is going to be meaningful.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a short cover letter (no longer than a page) to email@example.com. If you’d like to learn more without applying, please feel free to drop us a line.