StrongKey is making data breaches irrelevant. We are redefining the way businesses and government agencies secure their information against the inevitability of a breach through providing four specific practices that ensures their data, no matter the format, remains encrypted and protected at the highest possible level. While other security solutions focus on predicting, containing, or looking after the perimeter, StrongKey provides strong authentication, encryption, and digital signatures—underpinned by key management—to ensure data security, even with an attacker on your network. We’re trusted by some of the largest companies and critical government agencies around the globe, and we have tailored solutions whether you’re a multinational corporation, small business, or just you—working from your home office.
Founded in 2001, we are now at a pivotal time to grow. It’s time to capitalize on the success stories and proven track record around the globe, and it’s time to scale. It’s time to bring our innovative, affordable, open-source solutions to a market facing an ever-growing threat of cyberattacks.
This means a unique opportunity for people joining the StrongKey team. We can offer the autonomy, excitement, strategy-setting, navigating ambiguity, and challenge of a startup. And yet, all of that is backed up with 18 years of proven security, thought leadership, and a working business model. If you are tired of being lost in the crowd or feeling like you don’t have the opportunity for personal impact, we think we could be a compelling place for you to work. And if you drool at the opportunity to collaboratively create something new, we want you on board.
What You’ll Do Here
We are looking for a skilled support engineer to join our engineering team. While the person in this role is not expected to do development work, a familiarity with and aptitude for it is useful. As the first point of contact for our customers, your role will encompass the following:
- Provide friendly, efficient support to our customers via email and phone
- Maintain and build our knowledge base to effectively answer questions
- Periodically travel to business sites for installation work
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and/or interest in security, cryptography, Fast Identity Online (FIDO), and PKI
- Ability to travel within the continental United States and internationally
The Kind of Person Who Might Enjoy Working Here:
- Knows how to communicate well in all circumstances, whether requiring directness, empathy, feedback, listening, or all of the above. We value the “human” in human capital a lot more than the capital, and we’re looking for people who feel the same way
- Can understand equally the challenges and limitations of engineering, while also thinking through how an everyday, non-technical person may interact with our product
- Equally comfortable chatting with a non-technical customer and holding highly technical conversations with other engineers
- High-energy, optimistic, creative, curious, flexible (we’re a startup even if we’ve been around a while!), people-oriented, comfortable leading, bold yet humble, and a passionate problem-solver
- Have a love of life outside of work! Personal balance is important to us
StrongKey is based out of Durham, NC and Cupertino, CA, and we work primarily from our offices. The position is based in Cupertino, CA.
You will be compensated with a competitive salary, equity stake, and an attractive benefits package. You will also have the opportunity to help build a company and work closely with everyone in the company. We mentioned it once, but it’s worth saying again—if you’re motivated by helping write a company’s story as it begins a new chapter, this is a powerful opportunity for you to join the ground floor of a business we truly believe is going to be meaningful.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a short cover letter (no longer than a page) to email@example.com. If you’d like to learn more without applying, please feel free to drop us a line.