***Position not currently active***
StrongKey is making data breaches irrelevant. We are redefining the way businesses and government agencies secure their information against the inevitability of a breach through providing four specific practices that ensures their data, no matter the format, remains encrypted and protected at the highest possible level. While other security solutions focus on predicting, containing, or looking after the perimeter, StrongKey provides strong authentication, encryption, and digital signatures – underpinned by key management – to ensure data security, even with an attacker on your network. We’re trusted by some of the largest companies and critical government agencies around the globe, and we have tailored solutions whether you’re a multinational corporation, small business, or just you – working from your home office.
Founded in 2001, we are now at a pivotal time to grow. It’s time to capitalize on the success stories and proven track record around the globe, and it’s time to scale. It’s time to bring our innovative, affordable, open-source solutions to a market facing an ever-growing threat of cyberattacks.
This means a unique opportunity for people joining the StrongKey team. We can offer the autonomy, excitement, strategy-setting, navigating ambiguity, and challenge of a startup. And yet, all of that is backed up with 17 years of proven security, thought leadership, and a working business model. If you are tired of being lost in the crowd or feeling like you don’t have the opportunity for personal impact, we think we could be a compelling place for you to work. And if you drool at the opportunity to collaboratively create something new, we want you on board.
What You’ll Do Here
We are looking for a qualified Solutions Architect to work with our Sales, Software Development, and Support teams. You will provide accurate technical service before and after the point of sale, ensuring customer satisfaction. You will travel to customer sites to install and configure systems for new and existing customers.
As our Solutions Architect, you should be a tech-savvy professional, able to explain technical details and requirements to a non-technical audience. You should also be results-driven and aspire to achieve specific goals.
Ultimately, you should be able to provide technical, product and business knowledge to support the sales team and strengthen customer relationships.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Travel to customer sites to install and configure StrongKey solutions
- Work closely with Sales, Software Development, and Product Support teams
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers
- Work with sales and potential customers to build and assess proof-of-concept systems
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements
- Provide technical support for customers to support pre-sales and post-sales processes
- Train customers to use products effectively
- Provide developers with customers’ feedback to help identify potential new features or products
- Analyze customers’ needs and suggest upgrades or additional features to meet their requirements
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Managing the supply chain (including suppliers, inventory, process, and timing) that allows installations to be successful
- Document processes along the way
- Become a trusted advisor to our customers
The Kind of Person Who Would Fit This Role
- Solid technical background with hands on experience with software and cryptography and/or software security
- We anticipate the role being a mid-level role, relying upon 5 – 15 years of relevant experience, though these are not hard boundaries
- An ability to grasp customers’ needs and suggest timely solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills including the ability to confidently present sales proposals
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team with shared objectives and on own initiative
- Excellent time management, particularly the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in line with business objectives
Compensation, Benefits, and a Bit More about Us
StrongKey is based out of Durham, NC and Cupertino, CA. We are planning on building our team in Durham, NC, but if that isn’t you – send us a note anyways. We are open to discussing remote working potential for the right candidate, and if you’re not from the area, you may find Durham (and the greater Triangle) the perfect blend of affordability, good weather, great food, and a strong (and growing) tech community.
As an early member of the StrongKey team, you will be compensated with a competitive salary and equity stake. You will also have the opportunity to help build a company from its early days and work closely with the co-founders. We mentioned it once, but it’s worth saying again – if you’re motivated by helping write a company’s story from the near-beginning, this is a powerful opportunity for you to join the ground floor of a company we truly believe is going to be meaningful.
With portions of your role functioning as a Solutions Architect, we anticipate bonus payouts in line with sales and customer focused metrics.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a short cover letter (no longer than a page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to learn more without applying, please feel free to drop us a line.