***Position not currently active***
StrongKey is making data breaches irrelevant. We are redefining the way businesses and government agencies secure their information against the inevitability of a breach through providing four specific practices that ensures their data, no matter the format, remains encrypted and protected at the highest possible level. While other security solutions focus on predicting, containing, or looking after the perimeter, StrongKey provides strong authentication, encryption, and digital signatures – underpinned by key management – to ensure data security, even with an attacker on your network. We’re trusted by some of the largest companies and critical government agencies around the globe, and we have tailored solutions whether you’re a multinational corporation, small business, or just you – working from your home office.
Founded in 2001, we are now at a pivotal time to grow. It’s time to capitalize on the success stories and proven track record around the globe, and it’s time to scale. It’s time to bring our innovative, affordable, open-source solutions to a market facing an ever-growing threat of cyberattacks.
This means a unique opportunity for people joining the StrongKey team. We can offer the autonomy, excitement, strategy-setting, navigating ambiguity, and challenge of a startup. And yet, all of that is backed up with 18 years of proven security, thought leadership, and a working business model. If you are tired of being lost in the crowd or feeling like you don’t have the opportunity for personal impact, we think we could be a compelling place for you to work. And if you drool at the opportunity to collaboratively create something new, we want you on board.
What You’ll Do Here
We are looking for a qualified Software Engineer to work with our Software Development and Support teams. Primary responsibilities include:
Lead Integration of Products
- As we identify new opportunities for further product and module development for our products, you will help write and test new code.
- Integrate software modules into a packaged application for installation and deployment on new computer servers for customers.
- Work with specialized hardware and software (Hardware Security Modules, Trusted Platform Modules, and Smart Cards), and understand their integration into our products and services.
Maintaining Existing Code and Assure Quality
- As new features and patches develop, you will maintain, test, and quality check existing code.
- Develop documentation on complex cryptographic operations and identify how our products assist customers to comply with data security regulations.
- Assist in building a testing environment that tests our products continuously. Perform testing.
- Work with current customers to resolve problems with the product, troubleshoot, and put forth a strong and professional brand image.
- Analyze error messages, track down bugs, and fix the errors.
- Travel to customer sites to install and configure products. Work with our customers to install rack-mounted servers and configure the servers into appliances to perform specialized functions.
The Future of The Role
In the beginning, we’re looking to add capability to our current engineering team. As you learn how we solve problems and become more familiar with our products, we have several potential growth paths. You may find yourself in a more senior engineering position or a team lead. Or, you could work your way toward specialization (e.g., UX, web development, QA testing). Lastly, if you gravitate toward working with people, you could work your way toward an engineering sales role. Whatever your goals, we are committed to supporting your growth. And we believe we are a company who will grow alongside you, creating new and meaningful opportunities into the future.
- Computer Science degree (Master’s a bonus) or comparable field of study.
- Courses, studies, knowledge or experience with Cryptography and Computer Security, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Advanced Computer Architecture, Database Systems Principles, and Server Web Programming.
- Proficient with Java, webservices, Linux, and RDBMS.
- Familiarity with open source technology.
- (Nice to have, but not required) – knowledge of Fast Identity Online (FIDO), web application frameworks, cloud technology, and mobile development.
We can offer the autonomy, excitement, strategy-setting, navigating ambiguity, and challenge of a startup, yet all of that is backed up with 18 years of proven security, thought leadership, and a working business model. If you are tired of being lost in the crowd or feeling like you don’t have the opportunity for personal impact, we think we could be a compelling place for you to work. And if you drool at the opportunity to collaboratively create something new, we want you on board.
The Kind of Person Who Would Enjoy Working Here
- Knows how to communicate well in all circumstances, whether requiring directness, empathy, feedback, listening, or all of the above. We value the “human” in human capital a lot more than the capital, and we’re looking for people who feel the same way.
- Can understand equally the challenges and limitations of engineering, while also thinking through how an everyday, non-technical person may interact with our product. Understands how to empathetically envision a day in the life of a customer.
- Is equally comfortable chatting with a non-technical customer, as you are in a highly technical conversation with other engineers.
- Is energetic, optimistic, creative, curious, flexible (we’re a startup!), people-oriented, comfortable leading, bold yet humble, and a passionate problem-solver.
- Has a love of life beyond work! If you love board games, coffee, fitness, pub trivia, dinner parties, books, disc golf, or any number of other things you’ll be in good company. (And if none of that’s you, well then you’ll just add your stuff to the list!)
Compensation, Benefits, and a Bit More about Us
StrongKey is based out of Durham, NC and Cupertino, CA. This role is based out of our Cupertino location.
As an early member of the StrongKey team, you will be compensated with a competitive salary, benefits, and equity stake. You will also have the opportunity to help build a company from its early days and work closely with our co-founders. If you’re motivated by helping write a company’s story from the near-beginning, this is a powerful opportunity for you to join the ground floor of a company we truly believe is going to be meaningful.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a short cover letter (no longer than a page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to learn more without applying, please feel free to drop us a line.