StrongKey is making data breaches irrelevant. We are redefining the way businesses and government agencies secure their information against the inevitability of a breach through providing four specific practices that ensures their data, no matter the format, remains encrypted and protected at the highest possible level. While other security solutions focus on predicting, containing, or looking after the perimeter, StrongKey provides strong authentication, encryption, and digital signatures—underpinned by hardware-backed key management—to ensure data security, even with an attacker on your network. We’re trusted by some of the largest companies and critical government agencies around the globe, and we have tailored solutions whether you’re a multinational corporation, small business, or just you—working from your home office.
Founded in 2001, we are now at a pivotal time. This creates a unique opportunity for people joining the StrongKey team. We offer the autonomy, excitement, strategy-setting, and challenge of a startup, but backed by 18 years of proven security, thought leadership, and a working business model that supports customers on six continents. If you are tired of being lost in the crowd or feel like you don’t have the opportunity for personal impact, we think we could be a compelling place for you to work.
What You’ll Do Here
We are looking for a part-time QA Engineer to work with us in our Cupertino, CA office.
Capabilities and Job Functions Include:
- Currently studying or recently graduated with a Computer Science major
- Proficient with Java, scripting, web services, Linux, RDBMS.
- Work with, expand and/or enhance existing test plans/test cases
- Research and expand automated functional and regression tests
- Develop, enhance and execute automated test scripts
- Investigate failed tests and report issues in bug tracking system
The Kind of Person Who Might Enjoy Working Here:
- Knows how to communicate well in all circumstances, whether requiring directness, empathy, feedback, listening, or all of the above. We value the “human” in human capital and we’re looking for people who feel the same way
- Can understand equally the challenges and limitations of engineering, while also thinking through how an everyday, non-technical person may interact with our product. Able to empathetically envision a day in the life of a customer
- Is equally comfortable chatting with a non-technical customer and holding highly technical conversations with other engineers
- Has high-energy, optimistic, creative, curious, people-oriented, and flexible (we’re a startup even if we’ve been around a while!)
- Has a love of life outside of work. Personal balance is important to us
StrongKey is based out of Durham, NC and Cupertino, CA, and we work primarily from our offices. This part-time internship is based in Cupertino, CA.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a short cover letter (no longer than a page) to email@example.com. If you’d like to learn more without applying, please feel free to drop us a line.