StrongKey is making data breaches irrelevant. We are redefining the way businesses and government agencies secure their information against the inevitability of a breach through providing four specific practices that ensures their data, no matter the format, remains encrypted and protected at the highest possible level. While other security solutions focus on predicting, containing, or looking after the perimeter, StrongKey provides strong authentication, encryption, and digital signatures—underpinned by hardware-backed key management—to ensure data security, even with an attacker on your network. We’re trusted by some of the largest companies and critical government agencies around the globe, and we have tailored solutions whether you’re a multinational corporation, small business, or just you—working from your home office.
Founded in 2001, we are now at a pivotal time. This creates a unique opportunity for people joining the StrongKey team. We offer the autonomy, excitement, strategy-setting, and challenge of a startup, but backed by 18 years of proven security, thought leadership, and a working business model that supports customers on six continents. If you are tired of being lost in the crowd or feel like you don’t have the opportunity for personal impact, we think we could be a compelling place for you to work.
What You’ll Do Here
- Provide end-user support, training and system administration
- Assess, deploy, evaluate and monitor system patches
- Ensure 24/7 access to critical resources such as VPN and mail servers
- Work with engineering teams to evaluate and secure next generation platforms
- Maintain and develop PXE environment and infrastructure
- Maintain virtual machine environment and infrastructure
- Administrate and maintain NAS servers
- Work with vendors to maintain and establish contracts for software and hardware
- Provide customer support and deployment services for StrongKey products
- May be part of a rotating 24/7 tier-3 after hours support team
- Maintain security baselines for all internal systems and products
- Use tools (such as the NVD) to assess vulnerabilities and determine impact and mitigation
- Ability to analyze system patches/updates and their impact
- Basic TCP/IP understanding
- Familiarity with Dell and HPE workstations and servers
- Ability to lift up to 65lbs
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Customer service
- Linux (RHEL), OSX and Windows 10/Server 2012/2019
- System Administration
- VMWare ESXi Administration
- Any related security certifications are a plus (GSEC, Security+, CEH, CISSP, etc)
The Kind of Person Who Might Enjoy Working Here:
- Knows how to communicate well in all circumstances, whether requiring directness, empathy, feedback, listening, or all of the above. We value the “human” in human capital a lot more than the capital, and we’re looking for people who feel the same way.
- Can understand equally the challenges and limitations of engineering, while also thinking through how an everyday, non-technical person may interact with our product.
- Equally comfortable chatting with a non-technical customer and holding highly technical conversations with other engineers.
- High-energy, optimistic, creative, curious, flexible (we’re a startup even if we’ve been around a while!), people-oriented, comfortable leading, bold yet humble, and a passionate problem-solver.
- Have a love of life outside of work! Personal balance is important to us.
StrongKey is based out of Durham, NC and Cupertino, CA, and we work primarily from our offices. The position is based in Cupertino, CA.
You will be compensated with a competitive salary, equity stake, and an attractive benefits package. You will also have the opportunity to help build a company and work closely with everyone in the company. We mentioned it once, but it’s worth saying again – if you’re motivated by helping write a company’s story as it begins a new chapter, this is a powerful opportunity for you to join the ground floor of a business we truly believe is going to be meaningful.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a short cover letter (no longer than a page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to learn more without applying, please feel free to drop us a line.