This is an exciting time for this first-of-its-kind role with StrongKey. Our continued product evolution means new ways of offering of security services to customers, and this role will lead the way in making sure those services are available, efficient, and serving customers well. You will have the opportunity to help define strategy and operational controls for large parts of our IT infrastructure.
Reporting to the COO for Operational functions and the CTO for Technical direction, you will lead the sustaining of operations and ensuring the availability and security of a technical infrastructure to maintain compliance of systems to security regulations (such as PCI DSS, GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, etc.) You will bring your knack and thirst to drive technical operational issues related to maintaining the up-time of systems across multiple data centers, 24 hours a day, such as:
- Production process development, documentation, optimization and validation
- Implementation of new instances of StrongKey’s Tellaro appliances to deliver single-tenant cryptographic key-management services to customers
- Ensuring 24-hour availability of Tellaro services to customers around the world
- Set standard practices while working with auditors to ensure compliance to SOC 2 Type 1/Type 2, PCI-DSS, Web Trust, HIPAA and similar data-protection regulations
- Act as lead engineer on a variety of implementation projects with deep knowledge of technologies such as Linux, TCP/IP, Java, web services
- Design and develop technical processes to improve quality and efficiency of operations
- Provide regular VP level communication of technical health of operations
You will be the initial leader in this role. Over time, we hope to build a Technical Operations team, and as the company grows, we plan for you to have the opportunity to build your team.
- Experience in a data center operations environment; previous managerial experience preferred
- Excellent project management skills
- We’re interested in any of the following certifications: SOC 2, PCI DSS, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Share any hands-on experience managing RHEL, Java, Apache HTTPD, and open-source environments
- Exposure to PKI and smart cards, cryptographic hardware modules, secure hardware elements, and FIDO protocols are a significant plus
- Java Enterprise Edition application server knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with the computing models of public cloud services
- Experience working with OEM partners
- Ability to communicate effectively in a worldwide environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred
The Kind of Person Who Might Enjoy Working Here:
- Knows how to communicate well in all circumstances, whether requiring directness, empathy, feedback, listening, or all of the above; we value the “human” in human capital and we’re looking for people who feel the same way
- Is equally comfortable chatting with a non-technical customer and sharing technical information
- High-energy, optimistic, creative, curious, people-oriented, and flexible (we’re a startup even if we’ve been around a while!)
- Has a love of life outside of work. Personal balance is important to us
StrongKey is based out of Durham, NC and Cupertino, CA, and we work primarily from our offices. The position is based in Cupertino, CA.
You will be compensated with a competitive salary, equity stake, and an attractive benefits package. You will also have the opportunity to help build a company and work closely with everyone in the company. We mentioned it once, but it’s worth saying again—if you’re motivated by helping write a company’s story as it begins a new chapter, this is a powerful opportunity for you to join the ground floor of a business we truly believe is going to be meaningful.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a short cover letter (no longer than a page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to learn more without applying, please feel free to drop us a line.