StrongKey is making data breaches irrelevant. We are redefining the way businesses and government agencies secure their information against the inevitability of a breach through providing four specific practices that ensures their data, no matter the format, remains encrypted and protected at the highest possible level. While other security solutions focus on predicting, containing, or looking after the perimeter, StrongKey provides strong authentication, encryption, and digital signatures—underpinned by hardware-backed key management—to ensure data security, even with an attacker on your network. We’re trusted by some of the largest companies and critical government agencies around the globe, and we have tailored solutions whether you’re a multinational corporation, small business, or just you—working from your home office.
Founded in 2001, we are now at a pivotal time. This creates a unique opportunity for people joining the StrongKey team. We offer the autonomy, excitement, strategy-setting, and challenge of a startup, but backed by 18 years of proven security, thought leadership, and a working business model that supports customers on six continents. If you are tired of being lost in the crowd or feel like you don’t have the opportunity for personal impact, we think we could be a compelling place for you to work.
What You’ll Do Here:
We are looking for a qualified Business Development Representative to join our team in Cupertino, CA. We expect your role to encompass (though not be limited to) the following responsibilities:
- Create new opportunities for StrongKey with primarily companies, federal government, and a focus on California State Government.
- Set up meetings between decision makers and company.
- Prepare and submit government and institutional bids and proposals. Interpret RFP requirements and specifications to understand intent of each requirement.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines effectively.
- Work cross functionally with business stakeholders to develop new RFP content and manage existing content.
- Develop strong relationships with key client buyer’s decision makers at senior levels, e.g., Division Head, C-suite level, Deputy Secretaries, CISOs and CIOs.
- Mid-high volume prospecting on a daily basis.
- Qualify fit for StrongKey platform through discovery calls.
- Work with VP of Business Development to convey feedback on prospect requirements to drive product strategy.
- Track and report on all activities using Hubspot.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Track record of writing at a professional level and ability to contribute to successful proposals.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in RFP/Proposal writing, editing and proofing. Bachelor’s degree English, Journalism, Technical Writing, Communications, Marketing, Business or a related area of study preferred.
- Technical Skills: Experience with CRM and/or Proposal Management Software. Exceptional Microsoft Office skills- Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
The Kind of Person Who Might Enjoy Working Here:
- Knows how to communicate well in all circumstances, whether requiring directness, empathy, feedback, listening, or all of the above. We value the “human” in human capital a lot more than the capital, and we’re looking for people who feel the same way.
- Can understand equally the challenges and limitations of engineering, while also thinking through how an everyday, non-technical person may interact with our product.
- Equally comfortable chatting with a non-technical customer and holding highly technical conversations with other engineers.
- High-energy, optimistic, creative, curious, flexible (we’re a startup even if we’ve been around a while!), people-oriented, comfortable leading, bold yet humble, and a passionate problem-solver.
- Have a love of life outside of work! Personal balance is important to us.
StrongKey is based out of Durham, NC and Cupertino, CA, and we work primarily from our offices. This position is based in Cupertino, CA.
You will be compensated with a competitive salary, equity stake, and an attractive benefits package. You will also have the opportunity to help build a company and work closely with everyone in the company. We mentioned it once, but it’s worth saying again – if you’re motivated by helping write a company’s story as it begins a new chapter, this is a powerful opportunity for you to join the ground floor of a business we truly believe is going to be meaningful.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a short cover letter (no longer than a page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to learn more without applying, please feel free to drop us a line.